Friday, June 27, 2008

From One Great Lake to Another

Well my friends, we have arrived. I'm very extremely tired right now so I'm not certain how coherent or interesting any of this will be. Let's see, in the last 48 hours I've been to Rome, Italy; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Kigali, Rwanda & finally arrived in Bujumbura, Burundi at 2pm this afternoon. I've settled into my room, which I share with Red (AKA Vanessa) improvising a kind of dresser out of my (AKA Lauren's) suitcase and have discovered (obviously) that mystical source of information and communication known as The Internet. But right at the moment others are waiting for me to finish so they can set up the router we just brought over, so that's all you'll get for now. I'm here, looking forward to tomorrow. We're going to a wedding!

Amahoro!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you crossed the equator, arrived safely, and now you're online! That's plenty for your first day! I'm simply going to a birthday party tonight -- nothing so exciting as the adventure awaiting you, but I look forward to reading your posts this month. And I send you early wishes for happiness on your 35th birthday!
Love,
Michelle