Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Suicide Shower

It looked like a bad idea, even before I knew what it was called. Yes, that's electricity, connected to water; two great tastes that usually do not taste great together. However, I have been assured by my landlord and the internet that this is simply how things are done, throughout Central and South America. There's no hot water anywhere else in the house- not for the sinks or the washing machine. Water for the shower gets heated right inside the shower head and requires so much current, it has to be connected directly. For the past 3 days I've been unable to get mine to work so I've had to make due with cold showers. But tonight José came over and made some adjustments and sure enough I saw the initial blue spark and dimming of the lights that signals the water is being heated. So tomorrow morning I hope to start my day by surviving a warm shower.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ummmmmm..rubber sole shoes?