Sunday, May 25, 2008

In the beginning

In less than a month, I'm going to Africa.  Hard to believe but getting more real everyday.  

I'm starting this blog to post information about my plans and my journey so that people can keep up at their own paces.  Some other time when I'm not between shows trying to squeeze in time for dinner and a little glimpse of the outdoors before spending the rest of the evening in the dark, I'll tell the story of how this all started.  For now I'll just say this.

I'll be spending a month of the summer in Burundi with the Friends Peace Teams, African Great Lakes Initiative working to add rooms on to a clinic in Kamenge.   To prepare for the trip I've been raising money, getting shots, studying French & Kirundi and trying to learn as much as possible about this country and its history.  I've never done anything like this before and expect to learn as much as I give.  

Welcome aboard!

No comments: